Get ready to succeed!
If you have to take the Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test (BTLPT) – Spanish (190), you are in the right place to get the strategies and resources you need to succeed.
It doesn’t matter if it is your first time taking the exam or if you’ve already taken it before (maybe more than once). Whatever your case, you will find the right preparation tools on this page. If you do not see what you are looking for, make sure to contact us. We are here to help you!
We are a Texas Education Agency Approved CPE Provider.
If you belong to any of the higher education institutions associated with us to provide you with training on your certification process, you can access the system here.
For more information about our BTLPT solution for institutions, visit this page.
BTLPT Preparation Book (Spanish)
This book has been written to provide the reader with the information and strategies necessary to succeed on the BTLPT (Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test – Spanish). Teachers in Texas, who want to become certified bilingual, must take this test. It does not matter if it is the first time you will take the exam or have already taken it before (perhaps more than once); whatever your case, this book provides you with everything you need to pass the exam and become a certified bilingual teacher.
You will know in detail what you will be evaluated on. In addition, you will find concrete recommendations and specific strategies for each exam domain. Finally, practical information such as word lists and concrete examples are included throughout the book, which you could on the BTLPT.
With this book, you will receive the necessary strategies and resources that will allow you to:
- Organize ideas logically and effectively and use appropriate academic language.
- Manage your time to be able to complete the entire exam.
- Use the appropriate academic vocabulary and be mindful of the proper spelling and grammar.
- Get to know and apply the rules of orthographic accent (acento ortográfico o tilde).
- Identify frequently used words that use orthographic accents and avoid common mistakes in the writing section.
- Use transition words and phrases to respond fluently and confidently in each presented scenario in the speaking section.
BTLPT Online Preparation Course (Spanish)
This BTLPT online preparation course will help you get ready for success on the BTLPT exam. You will have access to printable material in PDF format that you can use to practice the different critical aspects that the exam includes. You will be able to review your knowledge in practical ways with short tests available in the modules. You will receive tips and strategies that will allow you to write more quickly and effectively and answer oral questions with greater confidence.
After completing all the course activities, you will have the opportunity to meet with the instructor and receive specific recommendations in the areas you need to improve to be successful on the exam. In these two meetings, you will receive additional practice activities, and I will be able to answer any questions you might have about the BTLPT.
You can complete this online course at your own pace. It has been organized into the following modules:
- Introduction (What is the BTLPT and how to start preparing for the test)
- Speaking Spanish
- Academic vocabulary
- Academic vocabulary (Printable Activities)
- Domain I: Listening Comprehension
- Domain II: Reading Comprehension
- Domain III: Oral Expression
- Domain IV: Written Expression
- How to continue preparing and practicing for the exam
- Writing assignments and meetings via Zoom with the instructor
BTLPT Free Preparation eBook (Spanish)
In this free eBook, you will find a guide to help you take the first steps in the preparation process to pass the Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test. We cover the following topics:
- What is the BTLPT?
- How is the test organized?
- How could you prepare every day?
- Free preparation resources
- Additional resources online
Free Webinar (Spanish)
This webinar covers the Spanish language proficiency test known as BTLPT (Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test). This exam has been designed to determine if you have the communication skills in Spanish that an educator needs to work as a certified bilingual teacher in Texas public schools.
We’ll cover the exam structure, what you’ll be expected to do in each area, and how to start preparing to pass this test successfully.
Test your level of preparation for the exam
If you want to test your preparation for the BTLPT’s oral and written expression sections, you can complete the practice exercises that we have available here.
(Recommended Internet browsers for these exercises are Chrome or Safari)