Webinars in Spanish
During the first week of March of this year, we had several presentations scheduled in Madrid (Spain), which were canceled due to the pandemic. The Improving Group (creators of the Smile Bilingual Project educational system) invited us to share our experiences as educational consultants with teachers belonging to the BEDA (Bilingual English Development and Assessment) program in the community of Madrid.
Much to our frustration (like that of so many other people around the world), we saw our plans changed entirely as a result of the new reality generated by the Covid-19. Eager to continue with our initial goal, we decided to change the events, from presentations in an auditorium in Madrid to a series of webinars. Due to the success attained, we repeated the webinars for three months, and not only teachers from Madrid participated, but since these were online events, it allowed The Improving Group to invite teachers from all over Spain.
When reading the evaluations for each webinar, it was a gratifying experience to realize that teachers greatly welcomed those strategies shared with them. Furthermore, they appreciated the new spaces for conversation created by the webinars (we need to remember that most of them were under mandatory confinement). Similarly, in the evaluations, different questions and ideas began to emerge, which sparked the desire to develop new webinars along with other professionals, not only from Spain but from Canada, Chile, and Argentina.
As a result of this experience, we at Enabling Learning have created a new series of webinars in Spanish, so those teachers in Latin America or Spain who wish to continue participating can do so. We also know that many of the bilingual teachers with whom we have had the opportunity to work and get to know here in the USA will find them useful. We have also included webinars in English.
For this series of presentations, we have invited professionals from different areas of knowledge, such as education, technology, and psychology, to share experiences, recommendations, and ideas that allow us to continue facilitating meaningful learning, both in-person and at a distance.
We hope to see you in any of our upcoming webinars to continue this conversation.
- – 3 pasos para una enseñanza eficaz en el aula bilingüe – Martes, 4 Ago 2020, 5:00 PM
- – Potenciando las inteligencias múltiples a través de la realidad aumentada. – Jueves, 6 Ago 2020, 5:00 PM
- – Incorporando la narrativa digital en aula virtual – Martes, 11 Ago 2020, 5:00 PM
- – Alfabetización visual y Sketchnoting para facilitar el aprendizaje a distancia. – Jueves, 13 Ago 2020, 5:00 PM
- – Aprendizaje a distancia basado en proyectos – Jueves, 3 Sep 2020, 5:00 PM
- – 5 estrategias para manejar el estrés en el regreso al aula pospandémica – Miércoles, 19 Ago 2020, 5:00 PM
- – Paseos virtuales para la educación culturalmente relevante – Jueves, 20 Ago 2020, 5:00 PM